F5 x TRANSCONTINENTAL
Posted on July 14 2015
Parcour: Bedoin to Summit
– CP 2: Strada dellâ€™Assietta, Italy.
Parcour: Sestriere to Suza via Strada dellâ€™Assietta and descent of Colle della Finestre
– CP 3: Vukovar, Croatia.
– CP 4: Mount Lovcen, Montenegro.
Parcour: Ascent to Lovcen.
Parcour: Via Belgrad Forest
Fork: Carbon Aluminum 1-1/8″ disk
Groupset: Shimano 105 11sp 50/34, 11-32T
Wheelset: Hplusson Archetypes laced to front Shutter Precision PD-8 Dynamo hub and Novatec D772SB, Pillar PSR 1420 bladed spokes
Tires: Continental Grand Prix 4000S II
Brakes: TRP Spyre
Stem: Thomson X2
Bars: 3T Ergonova Pro
Tape: Lizard Skins DSP 3.2mm and Fiziks Gel
Aerobars: Profile Design Airstryke
Saddle: Prologo Zero II PAS
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra PD-6800
Lighting/Charging System: Supernova E3 Pro 2, E3 Tail Light 2, The Plug III
Navigation: Garmin Edge 1000 using Profile Design Aerobar Mount
Packs: Revelate Tangle frame bag (S), Gas Tank, Viscacha, Spocket, Mountain Feedbag
Cages: Lezyne Flow Cage SL (side entry)
- Riders must ride from the start point to the finish point and visit all mandatory controls en-route.
- 3rd party support is prohibited. All food, drink and equipment must be carried by the rider or acquired en-route.
- Drafting is prohibited.
- All forward land travel must be human powered.
- Ferries are permitted for expedient coast to coast travel, by approval of the Race Director.
- Riders are responsible for maintaining positional updates and evidence thereof.
- 2+ days of inactivity without contact will be deemed a scratch.
- No Helmet, No Insurance, No Ride.
- It is the riderâ€™s responsibility to know and observe local laws.
- Riders must act in the spirit of self sufficiency and equal opportunity for all racers.
Official tracking will be done through THIS LINK and you can catch all the action on Instagram by following the #F5TCR2015 (for Jeff’s progress) or #TCR2015 hashtags. More to come as the race approaches, including Jeff’s gear list, route and daily riding routines. For now here’s more bike pron!